Some of us find it hard enough to get up in the morning and push ourselves to go and take a nice long bath. And if someone were to tell you that at six in the morning you’re supposed to take a cold shower, surely, you’ll jump out of your skin! Well, look on the bright side, it will wake you up like nothing else! Jokes apart, there are many cold shower benefits that exist and reading on them, may just make you change your mind about your taste in your water’s temperature.
Benefits of Cold Shower
Pumps Up Circulatory System
Many people claim that cold water works wonders for them. When cold water falls on our skin, it leads to cutaneous vasoconstriction, which means, one of the effects of cold shower is to make the blood vessels on the surface of the skin contract and push blood to the inner organs. This helps improve circulation to vital organs. This circulation rate then helps to push toxins out from the body and then, makes the heart work more efficiently. Some people say that alternating between hot and cold water helps to maintain circulation in both inner organs as well as on the skin.
Healthy Skin and Hair
Very hot water tends to dry up the skin and hair. The hair and skin is protected by excessive drying by a layer of sebum, which is secreted by glands on the skin. When we take a bath with hot water, we tend to strip the skin of sebum. This makes the skin dry and the hair brittle and dandruff prone, and if you continue with this habit, you can kiss your dreams of perfect healthy hair goodbye. Also, when hot water directly falls on the skin, then the pores on the skin open up. There are higher chances of landing with clogged pores if these open pores are exposed to air and dust without closing. Clogged pores are a far cry from healthy skin and you may even end up getting acne because of this.
Wake up Call
The chill of the cold water will initially wake you, especially when you are new to this practice. Thanks to the increased circulation in the body, you are bound to feel energetic and ready to set out for the day once you take a cold shower.
Did you know that one of the cold shower benefits is that it increases fertility in men? Well, as you know, the testes are outside the body for the reason that the sperms cannot stand the heat of the body temperature. So, when a person takes a hot bath on a regular basis, it leads to a decrease in the number of sperms and their motility rate. Thus, if you’ve been having problems with your sperm count, you may want to try taking a cold shower on a regular basis, as this is said to be one of the most important cold shower benefits for men.
Read the rest of this entry »
Traditional health care addresses only the effects of disease. There is a huge difference between these two approaches to health and wellness.
The major emphasis for the cancer herbal treatment is to discover the cause of disease in your body.
- What are 8 causes of disease?
- Deficiencies: Did you know the American Cancer Society has estimated that about one-third of cancer deaths every year, in the United States, are linked to diets deficient in vitamins and minerals?
- Immune Dysfunction: When the immune system does not work effectively inflammation spreads. Inflammation is a root cause of cancer and all chronic diseases.
- Injuries: If injuries are not treated properly, they can develop into diseases affecting bones and muscles.
- Contagions: Exposure to drug resistant pathogens can leave you open to chronic disease such as cancer and other chronic diseases.
- Genetics and Age: Genes that control disease can be weakened as you age especially if your lifestyle includes a poor diet and no exercise.
- Toxins and Free Radicals: Nearly 85% of debilitating diseases are associated with toxic substances.
- Abnormal Metabolism: An abnormal metabolism function affects hormone levels, digestion, blood sugar, energy, blood pressure, premature aging and much more.
- Stress: Chronic stress has been linked to increased risk of cancer, poor immunity, heart disease, weight gain, mental decline, and many more diseases.
- How does the cancer herbal treatment help?
The cancer herbal treatment is a treatment program designed to promote a high level of wellness and vitality.
It encompasses healing herbs along with a healthy diet, exercises and strategies for reducing stress and promoting emotional well-being.
“Working with cancer or any chronic disease, is not as simple as swallowing some herbs or supplements,” says Lorene Benoit (author of The Paw Paw Program book p.170) Benoit teaches that four pillars of health are necessary to support all aspects of a healthy, balanced body.
The four pillars are:
When dealing with a subject like cancer these 4 pillars are extremely important. Of course, in order to prevent disease in the first place, they are equally important. However, with cancer, you need to consider offering prevention and treatment for every one of these four pillars of health. Read the rest of this entry »